I always considered myself a patient person because my benchmark was the least patient person I've ever know. However, I found out that's not a synonym for being patient myself.
As a matter of fact, I hate waiting. It's funny what certain situations can teach you about yourself, and these past few days opened my eyes to a reality I've been ignoring for a while. I'm not only NOT patient, but also pretty intense when I want something done or solved. My close friends are witnesses to this last statement. I don't think any of them would contradict me on this.
I can't really understand why I am so impatient. One would think that all the times my dad explained the importance of waiting I would've learned the lesson. But no, I've never liked it. I guess for me it's better to get things done ASAP, you know, the sooner, the better. And that's not good. Because now that I find myself waiting, I get desperate and there's nothing I can do but wait.
It's not like I'm waiting for anything crucial, but it's stuff that's important for me. I want quick answers, positive results and time to go by faster so the wait comes to an end. What I'm asking for is not feasible, I know. See? This is what happens the day you rest from exercising, you have more energy and time to think about things you can't control. Another reason why I strongly recommend working out. That way, you control your intensity and focus it on something productive.
According to some people, when you find yourself constantly in similar situations, there's a lesson life is trying to teach you. This has to do with spiritual maturity, which I'm clearly lacking at the moment. I have many lessons yet to learn, and if I don't control this impatience of mine, it'll get the best of me. I can't allow that to happen. For now, I'll keep on waiting and let time do it's magic.
See you soon,
Ren =)
No comments:
Post a Comment