Sunday, August 28, 2011

Update: My Running Routine!

This week was super relaxed for me. My instructor told me I had to relax and let my muscles rest in order to be ready for my first 5K.


So, this week I did the following routine:

  • Monday: 5 minutes walking fast, followed by 5 repetitions of 2 minutes running + 1 walking fast.
  • Tuesday: 5 minutes walking fast, 10 minutes of running.
  • Wednesday: rest!
  • Thursday: 5 minutes walking fast, followed by 5 repetitions of 2 minutes running + 1 walking fast.
  • Friday: 5 minutes walking fast, 10 minutes of running.
  • Saturday: rest!
  • Sunday: 5 minutes walking fast, 10 minutes of running.
Yes!! That's right: running! I'm actually running and so is my mum. In 2 months we've gone from walking to running, isn't it exciting?! This goes to show you that when you have a goal and you put your heart into it, chances are you'll reach it!

It hasn't been easy, I still have to monitor my heart rate and I do get tired when running, but I'm doing it! My mum has also started running when she thought she would never be able to do it. It's a great feeling and I'm happy to be sharing it with you! Have a nice Sunday!

See you soon,
Ren =)

No comments:

Post a Comment